Welcome TO SUPERIOR USD!
Home of the Panthers
The Superior Unified School District #15 consists of three schools serving 380 students in grades pre K–12.
- JFK Elementary (Pre K–6)
- Superior Jr. High School (7–8)
- Superior High School (9–12)
Located in southeastern Pinal County, 60 miles east of Phoenix, Arizona, the district boundaries extend to Florence Junction (west) and to Top of the World (east).
The Superior Unified School District (SUSD) is a Title I district. This designation provides additional funding to reinforce our reading and math foundations. It also allows our students to receive 100% free/reduced breakfast/lunch. SUSD has partnered with the Vail Unified School District in order to implement the Arizona college and career ready standards into our K–12 classrooms through the Beyond Textbook curriculum guides and maps. The district is also a member of the Cobre Valley Institute of Technology. CVIT assists the district in offering programs such as culinary arts, hospitality, welding, nursing, and fire science to our students. In addition, we have built valued relationships with the Town of Superior, Superior Chamber of Commerce, Superior Rotary, Superior Optimist Club, Superior Little League, Boyce Thompson Arboretum, Red Bear Outfitters, and Resolution Copper Mining Corporation. Resolution Copper has provided continued support for our athletics programs, nature club, hiking club, lego robotics, beyond textbooks, SHS robotics, DECCA/FCCLA, and staff appreciation events.
Please take the time to get to know our district and our community more. Everyone at SUSD is dedicated to ensuring that our students receive daily quality instruction and have the materials and resources available to make them successful.
A Message from Our Superintendent
Dear Friends of Superior Unified School District,
I am proud to serve as the superintendent of the Superior Unified School District. We are not just a community school but a community district. The greatest asset of our district is our sense of community. We rally around each other in good times and bad times. We travel well everywhere we go. We take pride in each other’s accomplishments. “Once a Panther, always a Panther!”
Below, I have outlined our district academic goals to enhance student achievement for this school year. I believe that it is important for our students, parents, and staff to both understand and assist in working towards the attainment of these goals for the 2016/2017 school year.
- Implement a sustainable aligned K–12 curriculum. (What do we want the students to learn?)
- Review student data to determine student learning success. (How do we know if they learned what is being taught?)
- Establish student intervention opportunities for those who need assistance. (What do we do when a student has not learned what is being taught?)
- Establish enrichment opportunities for students who exceed based on testing data. (What do we do when they learned what has been taught?)
- Hire the best teachers and staff possible.
- Integrate technology into the classrooms.
- Provide meaningful professional development opportunities for our teachers that will impact student engagement.
- Increase overall student engagement through instruction.
The relationships we build with our students, parents, staff, and the Superior community is the key to our success. By working together, we will be able to do whatever it takes for our students to become successful. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.